Friday, December 26, 2008

Q and A with Peyton's Mom

Yay! Peyton's Mom picked me for a fun question and answer session. (It could be because like the blog-stalker that I am I made sure I was first to beg her to do so.)
I "met" Peyton when I became her ChemoAngel. I can not tell you how excited I was to be an angel to a little girl. Being surrounded by boys and never experiencing the pleasure of picking out gifts that were pink, frilly, princessy, and froo-froo I had fun, fun, FUN choosing things for Peyton.
When you sign on to be a ChemoAngel you do so with the understanding that you will most likely never hear from your "buddy" or their family. This is completely understandable and I would never expect any contact. I am so happy to say this was not the case with Peyton. Her mom e-mailed me many times to say thank you and send me pictures of Peyton looking too freaking adorable in one of her famous clothing ensembles. And my heart just about melted when Peyton sent me a picture she had drawn of her and I.
Over time "Peyton's Mom" became Anissa. Not only a wonderful mom, Anissa is also a wonderful friend. And as a bonus she is funny as shit.
So here are Anissa's deep thought provoking questions and my answers:

1.Who would you rather walk in on you during an "intimate" moment? Your kids or your grandparents?

Okay I have to admit-when I read this question the first time I apparently MISREAD it. Because I thought what was being asked was who I would rather walk in on. Which-eeww, yuck, gag, and neither. But once I read it again I thought eeww, yuck, gag, and neither. However I guess I have to pick one. So I'll go with the grandparents. For so many reasons.

2. If you had to pick a best friend from a TV show, who could you see yourself palling around with?

Dr. G from the show Dr. G on Discovery Health. Although I suppose if we were friends I would call her Jan. And every day would be Take Your BFF to Work Day. I could then watch her perform the Standard Y Incision without the fuzzy blur obscuring my view.
Weird but true.

3. If you had to pick a different religion from the one you observe, what would it be?

I would choose Catholic. I love, love, love, Saints. Although my actual religion (Methodist) does not believe in praying to Saints, I do. My favorite is St. Anthony. I find all things about Saints facinating.

4. If money and kids were no option what car would you buy?

Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum. Heated steering wheel, cooling cup holders and over $84,000 of pure luxury. Also totally unrealistic in my life.

5. What is the toy that you never got that you'd still sort of like to have?

Baby Alive. My mom said I couldn't have her because she'd get bugs. But I had a real alive baby and he never got got bugs so I think she may have been lying to me.

Done. And I would love to be the asker of some questions but I may, on a good day, have 3 people that read my blog. But if you happen to be one of those 3 and want me to ask you some seriously meaningful questions about yourself leave a comment.
Thanks Anissa!

1 comment:

Anissa Mayhew said...

GIRL! you got some expensive taste...wouldn't it be nice though? I'd be getting the new Thunderbird...it only seats two and that's a beautiful beautiful thing.

The idea of my grandparents seeing me get freaky makes me die a little inside. ACK!